Is visiting Africa for safari on your bucket list? Walbura tours and travel Ltd shall help you achieve your dream. With the several packages that we have, we shall treat you as a king or queen from the time you book with us , arrive at the airport and go on safari. If you want to have the time of your life in Uganda, trust us to ensure that you do.
WHY VISIT UGANDA
Uganda is known as the pearl of Africa. There are many epic and adrenaline raising adventures to experience right from cruising on the River Nile, bungee jumping, white water rafting, chimpanzee tracking, gorilla trekking, birdwatching, forest trails, hiking the mighty rwenzori ranges, visiting the several national parks, touring the Ssese islands and cultural tours like the Manyatta experience.
OUR TOUR PACKAGES
QUEEN ELIZABETH N.P
LAKE MBURO N.P
UGANDA TRAVEL TIPS
- You may use cabs and motorcycles(commonly known as boda bodas) to get around town on your own. You may use the taxify or uber app for a cab or the safeboda app for a motorcycle.
- Local domestic carriers have domestic flights to destinations of no interest to tourists. Many of the major parks have airstrips and your tour operator can organize chartered flights but at a very high price.
- Local time is GMT+3
- Driving is on the left side. Visitors without experience driving on Ugandan roads are advised to hire local drivers.
- Kampala is a generally safe place to be but just keep the same caution you would just like in any other place. Keep your car windows up and doors closed especially in traffic jam to avoid your phone from being snatched. Hold your bag from the front not back and while walking on the street. Be wary of boda boda riders, who may snatch your bag. Don’t wear expensive jewellery on the streets.
- English is the official language in Uganda.
- A certificate of yellow fever Vaccination is required to enter the country. All visitors should take anti-malarials before entering the country. Always use a mosquito net at bedtime.
- It is advised to drink bottled rather than tap water.
- Tipping is not standard practice at hotels and restaurants but is appreciated.
- The Uganda shillings is the unit of currency. Please exchange your money at the forex bureau on arrival to easily get your way around Ugandan hotels and restaurants.
- Traveler’s cheques are not widely accepted outside Kampala.
- Uganda can be visited anytime though mountain hikes, gorilla trekking, forest walks and countryside roads can be challenging during the rainy season. The best time to travel is during the dry season. (June to August and December to February)
- Please note that gorilla permit fees( where applicable )must be paid for at the time of booking.
WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR SAFARI
- A wide brimmed hat
- A Camera
- Water proof jacket
- Field guides
- Solid walking shoes
- Light clothing and sweaters for daily use
- Sturdy clothing for forest walks
- A walking stick
Walbura Tours and Travel Ltd is one of the leading tour companies in Uganda. It is incorporated under the Laws of Uganda and its registration No. is 80020001689319 . Our main objective is to carry out the tour and travel business...
Plot 4 Kimathi Avenue, P.O. Box 14299, Kampala.